Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A belated, silly Merry Christmas to you, too

This is me trying to use technology:



The results aren't very impressive, but whatever.

To contextualize it a bit, my brother and I had played the 9 PM Christmas Eve service with my mom, and then we went in search of an open McDonald's. Not finding one, I drove to Gurnee. I ended up buying a nasty decaf coffee and a "Tornado" at Speedway.


(They also sell these at Iowa's Kum and Go gas station chain.)

All in all, it was a pretty disappointing sojourn. But then, to paraphrase Winnie the Pooh, having come that far, maybe it was a pity to waste it. It wouldn't have been much further to drive to the Lake Forest Oasis. Next time, I'll go all out to get my McNuggets.

I mean, I was going to leave a few McNuggets for Santa. I swear I was, but I understand that employees need to have time to spend with their families.

But what about people like my brother and me? Our real family includes Grimace, Ronald McDonald, the Hamburglar, and other great American heroes? (Oh, and for the record, don't touch Grimace!)

It's a difficult balance to strike.

No comments: