Thursday, November 13, 2008

Paper-trails

If you'll recall, from my last post, I was concerned about this asinine amazon.com review I posted several years ago. Not really concerned, you know, but just hyperaware of how each statement one makes, however profound or silly or courageous or wrong, is now as if it were carved into concrete.

But anyway, check out this section from the 9-page questionairre that all potential Obama-administration appointees have to fill out in order to be vetted.
Try to apply the criteria to yourself--I'm pretty sure I'd withdraw at least.




My favorite line:

"If you have ever sent an...email, text message, or instant message that could suggest a conflict of interest or be a possible source of embarassment to you, your family, or the President-Elect if it were made public, please describe."

Those would be fun applications to read.

No comments: